Thanksgiving Basket Drive to Share Dinners
As we prepare for Thanksgiving, many of us feel called to share our abundance with those in our community who lack the resources to provide their families with a special meal. Please join St. Mark’s Outreach Board in partnering with Capitol Hill Group Ministry (CHGM) to provide Thanksgiving baskets to our community’s low-income families.
When you come to church on November 19th, bring a reusable shopping bag with the following:
- two 14.5 oz. cans green beans;
- two 15 oz. cans yams or fresh equivalent;
- two 14 oz. cans cranberry sauce;
- 3 boxes mac & cheese;
- 2 boxes stuffing;
- 1 bag rice or mashed potatoes;
- 2 onions;
- 1 box muffin/biscuit mix;
- 1 box cake mix/frosting;
- one $25 gift card for meat (Safeway, HT, Giant).
For planning purposes we give CHGM the number of “baskets” we expect to provide, so please “RSVP” by emailing Jane Rutherford